The common routine requires the following main steps:
- Step 1: understand the theme and the topics of the website and decode the client’s requests
- Step 2: choose the right style and sketch your ideas
- Step 3: draw a clean and clear wireframe to summarize the structure of the website
- Step 4: design the website (in pixels) through an image editor, like Photoshop, to create a real-scale mockup
- Step 5: convert your psd mockup to HTML and CSS
Five macro-steps to build an effective website using brain, pencil, paper, Photoshop, HTML and CSS. But technology doesn’t stop, luckily, and we have other two great allies for the future to design better website: HTML5 and CSS3.